Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricanes, Earthquakes and Other Earth Moving Processes...

So... in case you live under a rock there was a earthquake on the East Coast last Tuesday (I think) apparently it's national news. It was pretty funny though, my dad, sister and I were in Safeway doing the weekly grocery shopping when I heard some rumbling then heard things falling off the shelves. The I realized my feet were uneven and everything clicked.... EARTHQUAKE. I just laughed which is not the safest thing to do in the situation but oh well.
Crack in the Washington Monument from the 5.8 mag Earthquake
Picture from Washington Post

Then this past weekend they news hyped us up for hurricane Irene. This proved to be extremely uneventful. It was really windy that night and we got to close up work early but that's about it.

School started this week... I had my last first day ever yesterday. Which went well, my classes aren't too bad and I am really going to focus on bringing my GPA way up. Also I started my volunteer job! I am working at a local high school assisting in an AP Environmental Science (APES) class. So I e-mailed my recruiter to let him know what was going on and got a reply today that basically said keep up the good work and I'll let you know when we get an idea of what programs are looking like.

DO I HEAR A SEPTEMBER NOMINATION IN THERE SOME WHERE?
xX cross your fingers for me Xx

1 comment:

  1. It looks as though you have a very good month ahead! Busy, productive.... all good stuff!
    Keep pushing forward...this is your dream, your future!
    You can do this!
    I have crossed fingers and lots of prayers for you!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete