Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's a Homer Simpson kind of day.


I feel like such a n00b. I just got an e-mail from my recruiter...
  1. Since I can't leave till June 2012, I submitted my application too early and it has been withdrawn and I can reactivate in a month. Too eager for my own good. D'OH!
  2. My resume was in the wrong format... It was formatted nicely I guess just not the way they wanted? It's not like there was a template on the application. D'OH!
  3. I didn't submit all of information on certain legal matters. Apparently there was a form I was supposed to fill out that I couldn't find? D'OH! 
Regardless it was nice to hear from some one, she sent me an example of the format that she wanted my resume in and the forms I needed. I am also going to sign up for CPR and First Aid Certification classes so I can add that to my resume. But to sum things up D'OH! 


2 comments:

  1. Trial runs are a good thing. Look at all that you have done correctly...a little fine tuning and Woo-Hoo!
    Good idea to sign up for CPR and First Aid... all these little steps are leading towards your new chapter of life! Be forewarned...there are plenty of D'OHs ahead...it's just life-new lessons every day!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better, my leave date was June 2011 and I submitted March 2010. So long waiting. I'd actually recommend waiting until July to reactivate because you'd get more nomination opportunities. That's what I wish I had done, but that was last year and with all the craziness going on with the budget this year, I don't know if you want to go that route. Hang in there, hopefully the rest of your process goes well after this :)

    ReplyDelete