Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the 4th be with you...


So I hope that I have something to update today because it is Star Wars day and that's pretty freaking sweet. And I feel that the force is with me today so maybe I'll get my application packet in the mail today! Hey-yo! Another cool thing about submitting my application... I did it at the beginning of my GRAND DADDY POWER PERIOD with out even knowing it. Haha! Don't know what that is? Well you should. Basically it's a time during the year, every year, when something big happens in your life. It could be something awesome or something not so awesome. To find out when yours is click here.

Whether anything happens today or not.... it deserves a post.

I have been reading a lot of application timelines to try to get an idea of when to expect but they vary... a lot. Most people seem to get their application packet with in a week. The packet has a background check thing and a finger printing doohickey (yep that is a technical term). Also when reading other peoples timelines their references weren't done when they submitted their app... and all mine were. Plus I sent my transcripts in on Monday and it seems like a lot of people did that way later. I hope this works in my favor, it was not intentional but it can't hurt right? Maybe I'll get an interview faster? I know that I am going to have to do a lot of waiting... they haven't released their positions for June 2012 yet (which is when I am able to leave). So I guess that is just something I will have to get used to. It's just sad that it's only been 5 1/2 days and I expect something to be happening. I'm just excited!

Update 1: looks like they added my blog to Peace Corps Journals, check the link to read blogs of people applying (like me) and those already serving. This site has been a lot of help for me and I hope it will allow people who don't know much about the Corps to get an inside look.

Update 2: Nothing in the mail today. Keep it positive and focus on finals :)


2 comments:

  1. thanks for the link to the Peace Corps journals, very cool:) have been following your blog because of Airman Mom, wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete